There are medical conferences which focus on skeletal dysplasias, related health issues, genetics, and health advocacy. If you can not attend the conference, consider obtaining and browsing the conference materials. Most conference post the papers and contact information for presenters.
All photographs on this Web site are the copyrighted property of the individuals pictured, and have been posted with their permission. All rights reserved. To obtain legal copies of these photographs for any purpose whatsoever, email email@example.com.
- Little People of America annual conference: https://www.lpaonline.org/future-national-conferences-
- Stickler’s Involved People has an annual conference: http://stickler.org and find page on conference.
- Little People of America Local Events: https://www.lpaonline.org/local-info
- Dwarf Artists Coalition: https://www.facebook.com/LpaDwarfArtistCoalition/about/
- Dwarf Athletic Association of America: https://daaa.leagueapps.com/
- List of events from Beyond Achondroplasia: https://www.beyondachondroplasia.org/en/news/events
While all children’s summer camp and other overnight programs must by law accommodate children with dwarfism, some children also benefit from attending camps specifically for people with dwarfism:
- Camp Little People, a summer camp for children with dwarfism in Mileville, PA: https://lpadistrict2.org/camp-little-people/
- Camp Painted Turtle in California: https://www.thepaintedturtle.org/
- National Center for Physical Activity and the Disabled list of summer camps, with resources all over the USA: http://www.ncpad.org
- Special Needs Camps by individual disability and state: https://www.veryspecialcamps.com/
- Ask your skeletal dysplasia clinic if they know of summer camps, or look on google. Here is a good article on how to find a special needs summer camp: https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/finding-camp-special-needs.html
- If you find a camp for children with dwarfism that is not on this page, please contact us!