- Is your sink too high? Try this faucet: http://www.nextdaygourmet.com/NDG/productFamily.jsp?pfID=1772. It makes the faucet easier to reach and reduces bacteria.
A good night’s sleep is important.
- A good link to find out about how beds can be fit individually for a better night’s sleep: http://www.ergobeds.com/.
- Hospital beds: http://www.rehabmart-hospitalbeds.com/
Chairs for people with dwarfism and short people
- The ErgoChair made specifically for short statured adults in the workplace. This chair was designed for dwarves by an engineer with SEDC : http://www.adaptiveliving.com
- Adjustable chair for children and small adults: http://www.adaptivemall.com/panfutseatpo.html
- http://www.acomfykid.com/ – “A Comfy Kid specializes in adjustable furniture and products to help children of all shapes, sizes and disabilities. We provide products for mobility, comfort and adaptation. If you have a specific need, contact us and we’ll help. All the products seen here were developed for customers, friends and our own families.”
- Portable folding chairs: http://everywherechair.com
- Professionals such as physical therapists and occupational therapists can help you find the right desks and chairs. Offices are required by law to provide you with furniture that fits.
- Consult a designer: http://www.universaldesign.com/
Furniture for the Workplace
- For chairs, please see chairs section.
- To avoid Repetitive Stress injuries, learn what works for you. A good place to start is at http://www.ctdrn.org/.
- Proefessionals such as physical therapists and occupational therapists can help you find the right equipment. Offices are required by law to provide you with accessible furniture.
- An exellent page on what makes a workplace accessible: http://www.infinitec.org/work/index.html