Adaptive Devices, Car Modifications, Clothes, Furniture, Bathroom Aids, Sewing Patterns for Short People
The web page authors are not responsible for any of the products listed on or referred to on this web page. We neither endorse nor take responsibility for any of the products listed here.
Please also see main Kniest/SED/SMD page disclaimer.
- spinlife.com‘s page on bathroom aids includes live on-line help or call 800.850.0335 : http://www.spinlife.com/store/bathb.cfm
- For those with short arms, limited use of hands: https://www.beyondachondroplasia.org/en/pages/44-resources/daily-life/77-toileting
- Consider a bidet, or self-washing toilet.
- http://www.wheelchairnet.org/ A very comprehensive site about wheelchair use, additional accessories, van lifts, wheelchair distributors, and how to purchase and install ramps. This well organized site also contains advocacy links and a discussion forum.
- spinlife.com‘s wheelchair page including many categories of wheelchairs, frequently asked questions, and live on-line help or call 1.800.850.0335 (last checked April 2004): http://www.spinlife.com/wcstore.cfm
- The compact chairs made by http://www.quickie-wheelchairs.com are preferred by many people with Kniest and SED.
- Kitchen’s Kart, designed by Lee Kitchen, a electrical engineer with SEDC: http://www.angelfire.com/tx/KitchensKarts/index.html also available at Zip-About http://www.zipabout.biz
All photographs on this Web site are the copyrighted property of the individuals pictured, and have been posted with their permission. All rights reserved. To obtain legal copies of these photographs for any purpose whatsoever, email email@example.com.
- Crutches with built-in shock absorbing system.
- Extra-short folding canes: https://www.walking-canes.net/collections/classywalkingcanes/cane-for-short-people
Medical Planning for a surgery?
Planning for a recovery: What to have for a bed-ridden child
If your child will be in a Halo Cast
Parenting as a Little Person
Helpful gadgets for raising young children who are dwarves and/or for parents with dwarfism.
- Light switch extensions: http://www.lightswitchextension.com/
- Voice activated light switch http://www.dynamic-living.com/voice_activated_switch.htm
- Euro-Pro UV610SH Shark Cordless Sweeper Euro-Pro vacuum cleaner is easy for a little person to use.
- The ErgoChair made specifically for short statured adults in the workplace or school. This chair was designed for dwarves by an engineer with SEDC : http://www.adaptiveliving.com
- If you are very low to the ground and have trouble carrying things, check out the tasket: http://hometown.aol.com/cooston/mytasketpageindex.html. You can tote heavy things like groceries and books. The tasket conveniently folds up when not in use.
- Help going up and down steps: EZ-Step http://www.ez-step.com
- Computers for the blind and physically handicapped.
- Through the Looking Glass a comprehensive resource for families with disabilities.
- Do you know of something that should be on this list? Please email us. Your suggestions will make this list better.
- Visit KSG’s list of Stores for People with Dwarfism or the General Disabilities page. There are many different kinds of furniture and other helpful things list on these sites.
- Consult a physical therapist or occupational therapist.
- Please email us if you can not find what you need. We will be happy to help you find it, or put you in touch with someone who has had a similar challenge.
Chairs for People with Dwarfism: life is too short for uncomfortable chairs!
- The ErgoChair made specifically for short statured adults in the workplace. This chair was designed for dwarves by an engineer with SEDC : http://www.adaptiveliving.com
- Adjustable chair for children and small adults: http://www.adaptivemall.com/panfutseatpo.html
- Portable folding chairs: http://everywherechair.com
- Professionals such as physical therapists and occupational therapists can help you find the right desks and chairs. Offices are required by law to provide you with furniture that fits.
- Chair page from dwarf parents website: https://dwarfparents.com/short-depth-task-chairs
- Zack Rack accessible furniture and am amazing shelving system where you can REACH EVERY SHELF!: https://zack-rack.com/2018/03/07/furniture-made-for-little-people/
- Sitmatic little person chair: https://sitmatic.com/pages-2/little-person-chair/
- LPA Online’s Guide to Home Modifications: https://www.lpaonline.org/a-guide-to-home-modifications
- LPA Online’s list of Adaptive Products: https://www.lpaonline.org/adaptive-products-
- Understanding Dwarfism’s Furniture page: https://www.udprogram.com/furniture
- http://shortdwarf.com/main/dwarf_products.htm – Danny Black’s directory of dwarf products & services to accommodate dwarfs in an environment built for the advantage of average-size people.
If you find a good resource that is not on this page, please let us know! We will add it.